My Favorite Dental Products
Here is your glimpse inside my medicine cabinet. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite at-home dental products for your enjoyment. I know it can be hard to choose the right products when the aisle at the store seems endless, but keep in mind that what works for me may not be right for you. If you’re confused about what to use, please ask any of the clinical staff members at Northstar. We will be happy to point you in the right direction!
1. Phillips Sonicare DiamondClean. I LOVE my Sonicare. I own an Oral-B also, but Sonicare is the right electric toothbrush for me, personally. Ask your hygienist which would be right for you. It’s definitely worth the investment. You’ll never go back to that manual toothbrush!!
2. Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief. Great toothpaste, especially for those of us with sensitive teeth. It prevents cavities due to its fluoride content and its unique combination of arginine and calcium carbonate reduce sensitivity instantly, unlike other sensitivity toothpastes that take about 2 weeks to work.
3. Listerine Total Care. I’m a die-hard Listerine fan. This specific one contains fluoride in addition to the 4 essential oils that have made Listerine a go-to for over 100 years. And it doesn’t burn! (BTW you don’t NEED the burn. Alcohol free mouthwashes work just as well!)
4. GC MI Paste Plus. MI Paste is a great treatment for many conditions – dry mouth, sensitivity, acid reflux, acid erosion, “white spot” lesions…. the list goes on. It contains Recaldent (a milk protein) — calcium and phosphate ions that actually penetrate your teeth and strengthen them from the inside out. For me, it’s great for the areas where I have some gum recession. Just rub it on at night after brushing, wait a few minutes and spit out the excess.
5. MI Varnish. I know it’s not a take home product, but once applied in our office, it continues to work for months! In that sense it’s a take-home product that you don’t even have to think about! Your body does all the work. Yay!
6. Tongue Sweeper. I never thought I needed a tongue scraper, but boy was I wrong. Brushing your tongue is great, but using this product is incredible. Definitely a must. Makes your breath so fresh, and really makes your mouth feel impeccably clean.
7. REACH cleanpaste. Choosing the right floss is really a personal preference. I like thick floss, and this floss cleans well and tastes great.
Let us help you create your own “favorite dental products” stash. Our goal is for you to obtain perfect oral health, but we need your help!